Thursday, July 05, 2007

Help! My Whimsy Has Escaped



Click on the pics to view close-up.

Just who doesn't love a kitty? (you are excused from this post if you raised your hand) I decided that since I have two kittles of my own, and I'm also a potter that...Hmmm, maybe, just maybe, I could combine these two lves? And then, since I have a dearie of a niece who collects frogs- why not green critters. Oh. Let's throw a puppers onto the whimsy pile, too. (Sheep collectors, stay tuned.)

This weekend is the "Christmas in July" pottery sale with the TPSG. I will be, along with 29 other clay artists, at the Ft. Worth Community Arts Center. The sale is Friday and Saturday. A "Meet and Greet" reception, complete with wine and cheese, will be held Friday evening. Anyone in the D/FW area is invited, and there is no charge to park or enter the event.

I will have the usual selection of bowls, serving plates and vases that are well received. But these pics show the fork in the clay path I have just taken. The Cat Box still needs curly wire whiskers to be threaded through on the top. And the interior is glazed and food safe so,-as are the plates- it will hold kitty nom-noms. I am doing the dance of happy around the kiln. And, yes (ahem), they are "For Sale". I have no shame...but I does have bills. ;)

3 comments:

LindaSue said...

Whimsy indeed! Defining whimsicalness - love the critters and being useful also - just a big plus. Good to see that the rain hasn't dampened your kiln or your happy dancing. Bless you and trust that the sale was splendiferous!
Rejoice, and again I say rejoice!
Linda Sue your neighbor to the west!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Cute as always...but how did you make that little red heart appear?

Shaun said...

Hi Shabby,
You type the following-no spaces-and include the semi-colon.Well, this is going to be fun. It changed it to a (heart) instead of the word.I'm going to put in dashes. Leave them out, but include every other symbol.that 1st one is an (and) sign

&-hearts-;

it will give you a heart the color of your blog type. Highlite to get it red. Hope that helps.