Sunday, November 12, 2006

Surprise In The Sky

Strange things are happin' here in the country. Large mushroom shapes rising, ethereally, out of the treeline in the early morning glory.

I just wanted a cup of motivating java. But it was jolt of "What the..." that got me moving, instead. Looking out the kitchen window was a bit different from the norm. I hadn't even put on my glasses, and I had no trouble spotting the "what's wrong with this picture?" scenario. I ran (yes, actually) to get my robe, glasses, Birkenstocks, and camera. Thankfully, all in one room. In just the seconds it took to get these items, the balloon had risen high in the crisp, clear Autumn sky. The heating system blasts could be heard going off, adding height at a breath-taking rate. I don't know if they had had trouble and needed to land, or if they launched from the parking lot ½-mile up the road. Either way, it was quite a sight to behold. And off they flew into the wild, bluest-of-blue yonder.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shaun,

I really like to watch those hot air balloons. I've only been to the balloon fiesta in Albuquerque once, but that was quite a sight. What a lovely blog you have! I love the photos of your furkids and all of your very cool antiques.

I'm glad you "hear the music from within ... and continue the dance". Wonderful words.

Pax. Kimberly

Anonymous said...

The great and powerful Wizard of Oz must have been going on another trip!

Tina T-P said...

Doesn't a hot air balloon just make the happiest sky you've ever seen? They used to have a local festival (until the insurance coverage topped out) - with 18 or 20 balloons of all designs - very fun- and what a beautiful picture they make :-)

P.S. Glad you stopped by for a visit! T.