Saturday, September 23, 2006

That's All Folks...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am most sad as I tell you- The Hummingbird Channel has left the airways(sic) for the season. (I apologize for my pic as I can't sneak very well, and must depend on the zoom.) This little guy will be the last of his kind at my house for the year. I watched him plump, like a Ballpark frank on the grill, in the gentle rainfall that came last week. He also seemed preoccupied with the tennis match he was attending. He sat there in the drizzle, almost motionless, for long moments at a time. Only his tiny head swinging, to and fro, as he watched the phantom game.

When The Hummingbird Channel airs its programs for the Spring ratings sweeps, it is at its best. Awesome surround-sound capabilities makes the 'twitter-chitter' and resonating wing thrum, must-hear experiences. And the dog-fight scenes have excellent aerial choreography. Such drama, such action and all in amazing jewel-tone colors. Sigh...I suppose I'll have to be content with my feathered memories until next Spring, since this channel doesn't syndicate its programs. But stay tuned, tomorrow I'll post the other channel available here. New episodes daily, with no repeats.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A humming bird fluttered at my front door for what seemed like forever the other day, a gift from God, I swear. I have not seen one in a long time and I was so enchanted. As my husband is disabled and spends more time than I can during the day out on the deck looking at the plants, flowers, birds, etc., he sees the humming birds more often than I do. It was so awesome for me.

Sandy said...

Love the picture of the bird!

Sandy (in Texas, 2!)

Shaun said...

Thank you. I love my little hummers. The first year- not one.Then I planted some glads and noticed something bigger than a bee but smaller than a hummer trying to sip from the flowers. I squinted trying to make it out- oh,oh a fledgling hummer. I made a batch of sugar H2O and they come every year now. I put out a red checkered tablecloth in March to attract them, they see the red as they do a fly-over.